2/24/2006

It Ain't Easy Being Green

TaxProf Blog has the rather ironic story that H&R Block has announced that they owe corporate taxes on an extra $32 million dollars of income they failed to report from 2004 and 2005! Since I put on my tax-man secret identity every spring and do tax returns for people, I find this amusing to say the least.

Block is known in the industry for very agressively billing people (TV commercials cost a lot of money after all) for doing their taxes. Whenever I see someone walk into our office with a green block on their folder from last year's return, I know they're going to leave happy with their bill, if not always with their bottom line numbers. (If you want to like the tax guy, talk to him the year before....it's too late to do much by the time you come to see me.)

Anyhow, I just couldn't let this story pass without comment. (Hat tip Instapundit)

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jeff Kouba said...

Heh, neat post.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Gunny John said...

H&R Block is a joke. It's just a shame that so many people are naive enough to keep using them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home