2/14/2006

Twenty Years After

Twenty years ago today, Brenda and I were married. In typical Tennessee winter weather fashion, the threat of snow and a little ice forced schools to close early that day. Since her people were coming down from Minnesota, they sneered at the southerner's fear of winter and plowed right ahead. The only weather worries today is whether it will hit 80 (and whether it will ever rain again).

Best decision I ever made was marrying Brenda. She has been my friend, my encourager, my muse, and way too good a cook for the comfort of my waistline. I've never seen a mother more dedicated to loving, teaching and protecting children. And I've been blessed to have her along for the ride. Life throws a lot of curves at people that they don't expect...and her grace and patience have been a huge asset every single day.

Thanks Babe. You're the best.

House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD. Proverbs 19:14

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Jeff Kouba said...

Congrats to both of you!

(And let there be no more talk of 80 degrees...)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Having a great wife is a wonderful blessing. I thank God for mine.

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Twenty years! Wow! Hope you both enjoyed greatly this special landmark. May the next 20 years be even better!

Love y'all!

Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home