2/10/2006

"Stand a Little Taller"

Tonight on the local NBC affiliate, they were running a pre-Olympic show. They interviewed one of the snowboard guys. He talked about the effect of putting on the USA uniform and said, "It makes you stand a little taller." Now frankly, from my old foggy perspective, he looked like a little bit like a punk, and I have to say that I really don't get his "sport." But the fact that this young guy has the same pride and love of country that I do...and that makes me proud of our country, and more optimistic for the future. And even in a sport I don't understand, I hope he wins.

"Do you believe in miracles? YES!"

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing taller on a snowboard might be dangerous. Aren't you supposed to crouch down a little?

Seriously though, I agree with you and I hope he wins too. Go USA!!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jeff Kouba said...

yeah, that is a surprise. The punks from the X-Games type sports seem like they're hardly aware of the name of the country they live in sometimes.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Aww...the girl boarders are amazin too..sheesh they jump higher than I could on a trampoline...Go USA!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home