8/24/2008

Green Ego and Ham

(With apologies to Dr. Seuss)


O and Joe
Joe and O
I will not vote for O and Joe

I would not, could not in the Fall
For them I will not vote at all.

Barack H. O.
Has done few deeds
And yet now for our votes he pleads
His votes are few his bills are nil
In his short time on Capitol Hill

He says his choice will heal the planet
And shrink the oceans while he's at it
He'll make the world love us once more
For at his very name they roar

No footprints left on sands behind
It's hard to know what's on his mind
He votes present to hide his views
And he's covered up for by the news

He doesn't seem to have the chops
We find in most of our leaders
And on the issues he flip-flops
He hopes that we're not readers

With lots of pride but little done
This candidate is called "The One"
And with him inexperienced so
Barack is just a Green Ego

And now as running mate the O
Has chosen a prideful man named Joe
The sound of his own voice Joe loves
He thinks it sweet like cooing doves

A showboat from his Senate seat
Joe runs his mouth each time they meet
And though I fear it is a slam
This Joe is nothing but a ham

O and Joe
Joe and O
I will not vote for O and Joe

And as November comes into view
The Democrats promote these two
But I tell you now good Sir or Ma'am
I will not vote for Green Ego and Ham

6 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Conservative Spew said...

Well done, sir!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger JP said...

I'd bet the good Dr. would have many poems about the O and Joe Show himself. So no oppology is likely needed

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Badger said...

Wonderful!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

You are a genius!

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was great! Also, I am a newly published writer and would like to ask how I can "break" into the writing industry.

I was a Pastor in the IC for over 20 years, and now believe God is moving through the Acts 20:20 mechanism of doing "church."

Mark
mdclem1981@yahoo.com

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really need to get a weekly column in a newspaper or magazine somehow. Just a sister's unbiased perspective. This was hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home