2/25/2007

Happy 18th Birthday Bud

Well, last week my (youngest) turned 18! OUCH.

So, while I'm somewhat put out with him for reaching such an advanced age, I wanted to say a word or two about Bryant Earl Byers.

Over the past 18 years, I've watched him grow into a tall, strong, and gifted young man. It was hard to see him go off to college last fall, but I know it's part of the process. The ability to stand on his own two feet--the willingness to take a stand when he needs to, is something I've really come to appreciate about my son. I'm impressed that he wants to do what is right. When he's faced difficulty, he doesn't back down. He just dusts himself off and gets back on the horse. I think that trait is going to stand him in good stead for years to come.

He loves God, loves his mom, and loves his country. He even (usually) tolerates his big sister. It's hard to complain about that!

Bud, I'm proud of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home