2/09/2007

Praise the Dutch Oven

This morning on the news, I received word that a tremendous social injustice has been righted, a long-ignored problem corrected, a blight on our society finally addressed. Yes, the State of Oklahoma now has proposed to recognize the official State Cooking Utensil--the Dutch Oven! How relieved I am to know that we no longer are ignoring this critical aspect of our social compact. How blessed am I to live in such an enlighted state.

I made the mistake of mentioning this to my wife...

who promptly informed me that if I ever again wish to taste her delectable, melt in your mouth, make you think you've died and gone to Heaven, ultimately tender and delicious pot roast, I should not mock the Dutch Oven.

Therefore, I rise today ladies and gentlemen to lend my support to the measure recognizing the Dutch Oven as the official State Cooking Utensil of Oklahoma. Long may it boil.

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger LomaAlta said...

Dutch ovens under skilled hands can also make a wonderful peach cobbler over a camfire. Yummy.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger mrkhmusic said...

I found your posting while searching the net for D.O. recipes. I've been cooking our sunday dinners on my back porch in my D.O's almost every week for almost a year, now, sun or cold. I did our family's Christmas turkey.

Yet inspite of how much fun I have doing it, and how good it tastes, I, myself, can't help but laugh at how OK and UT have both spent taxpayer time and money declaring it the "Official Cookware" of the state.

I wasn't aware the state needed an "Official Cookware", and that it required an act of congress to establish that.

Yeesh.

Anyway... Mock on, bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home