1/16/2007

The Great Ice Storm



Thursday of last week, it was 68 degrees.

What a difference a day makes. On Friday, the first of four waves of freezing rain, sleet, ice and snow swept across Oklahoma. Just about everything in our part of the state is still blanketed with a layer of ice--trees, bushes, power lines and the roads.

We missed the worst of it here in Tulsa, but even so, this is what we had hanging from the eaves today. Toto, I'm pretty sure we aren't in Arizona anymore.

But then, my wife got a phone call from one of our friends in Tucson. Last night they hit 20 and her water pipes froze! So I guess it's cold all over. But I'm loving the winter, and not having to turn on the air conditioner to run the fireplace.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy the winter here in SC too though this year we haven't had very much of it. (70 degrees on Christmas Day) Anyway, I am always running around without a coat on which causes others to ask me pityingly, "Don't you own a coat?" I always assure them that I actually enjoy feeling cold. After 11 years in the 120 degree Sonora desert, the cooler temperatures feel muy bien!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home