6/10/2006

World Cup? Yawn...

So apparently the World Cup soccer thing is happening again. We're being treated to another round of stories on why we should care about the "world's most popular sports event" and why it's a shame American's don't like the sport more. To which I say...."Yawn."

Look, imagine football (the real football, not the soccer kind) played by soccer rules. Every time a receiver gets behind the defensive back on a pass route, it's a turnover, and the defense gets the ball. Yeah, that'll lead to a lot of high scoring games. Every time a player gets hurt, they make the game longer. Football games would last till Tuesday if the NFL did that. And my personal favorite--every time you actually wipe a guy out (and they have the nerve to call those sissy things tackles!) the ref runs over and cards you! Nope...this is not the game for Americans. Change the rules a little, actually score a few points now and then, and we might watch. Until then, how many more days till football season starts? Wake me up then.

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jeff Kouba said...

Don't hate me, but I absolutely love international soccer. And the World Cup is one of my most favorite sporting events. I can't get enough of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home