4/29/2008

I Did Not Have Spiritual Relations with that Pastor


At his press conference, Senator Barack Obama had this to say about his racist pastor Jeremiah Wright:

He was never my, quote-unquote, "spiritual adviser."

He was never my "spiritual mentor." He was -- he was my pastor.



Two questions: 1) Could he sound more like Bill Clinton lying about Monica? Maybe it depends on what the meaning of was is...

2) If your pastor isn't your "spiritual adviser" or "spiritual mentor" aren't you admitting that you're in the wrong church?

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

I think it is now pretty clear that Obama missed a golden opportunity to burn a few bridges in his Philadelphia speech. He could have distanced himself with at least some credibility. But he was too clever and is getting burned again. That's not a leadership quality as far as I'm concerned.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger LomaAlta said...

The plain and simple fact is there is little difference in spiritual or other beliefs between Obama and Wright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home