8/27/2006

Deja Vu All Over Again

In my blog nap, I have left alone much in the political world that was worthy of comment. But I'm going to go back and touch on just one...the defeat of Joe Lieberman in the Connecticut primary. Are the Republicans really this lucky, or is it my imagination? Are the Democrats going back to 1972 again? Can a major American political party really decide to ignore the single most pressing issue on the horizon? Will the ostrich replace the donkey as the symbol of the party?

I think there's a good chance Lieberman will win reelection as an independent, but the fact that he was ousted by his own party for the sin of taking terrorism seriously is not a good sign for the future of that party. I've read several commentors who said that the Republicans would lose this fall if the Dems would just shut up for five minutes...fortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to hapen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home