12/01/2005

A Human Face on Tragedy

One of my fellow Crosley Blog of the Week winners, Ben at Hammerswing75 , has a very personal connection to one of the four Westerners kidnapped this week in Iraq by the terrorists. Here is his first post, detailing his relationship with Mr. Kember, but you should keep scrolling up through his site for updates. It's a great reminder that every face we see on the news represents and impacts family, friends and community. "None of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself."

From what I've read and heard, I think I would disagree with Mr. Kember something in excess of 99% of the time. Yet though I find his pacifism unconvincing and his politics very misguided, I will pray for his safe return/release to his family and loved ones. I think all of us can agree on that.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

Amen to that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home