9/02/2005

The Most Revolting Display I've Ever Seen

I don't know who Kayne West is. I guess I lead a sheltered life. He was part of the NBC Concert for Hurricane Relief. He said, "America is set up to help black people as slowly as possible." Then he said, "George Bush doesn't care about black people." That is the most outrageous thing I think I've ever heard on television, and that's going some.

For someone to stand there and talk about the gift he would give and then turn around and slam this country for racism is revolting. EVERY person still in New Orleans needs our help--black and white. I cannot believe MSNBC aired this. I cannot believe the Red Cross expects to receive any money from this offensively racist campaign.

I know it's politically incorrect to complain about a relief effort, but I won't sit silent while this kind of garbage is spewed out over the airwaves. It is wrong. Those people need help. I want them to get it. But this is not the way to go about it.

UPDATE 1: Welcome Polipundit readers! Please feel free to look around and come back any time.

UPDATE 2: AP DOES IT AGAIN. In the AP story about this travesty, Frazier Moore wrote: "West's comment about the president was cut from NBC's West Coast airing, which showed three hours later on tape." Only that's not what happened! I live in Tucson, Arizona. And since we have enough daylight as it is, we don't do daylight savings time here! So we're on Pacific time for half the year. Those remarks were not cut. I watched it again (having caught it live on MSNBC) on NBC at 7 local time, and they were still included. I taped it! They did not cut the remarks out. Associated Press simply cannot be relied on as an accurate source of news.

3 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this same rant. Before he made this outrageous comment he said he needed to check with his agent to see how much he could donate.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is time for the people on the right to start calling people out on this HORSE S**T. There is a saying that if you do not stand up to a slander it becomes the truth. Well it is time we start calling these POS for what they are and end this once and for all. I don't see how we can function as a nation with this crap in a time of crisis. If we can't get past this stuff we are doomed as a country. Enough is enough.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Somerville Hound and Kitty Care said...

I guess it would have been more accurate if he said "George Bush hates poor black people."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home