9/03/2005

Economic Illiteracy

If I hear one more person suggest (or even ask as if it were a legitmate consideration) putting limits on gas prices, I think I'm going to lose it. Look I don't like paying $2.99 for gas like I did yesterday. I am looking forward to the resumption of gas flow and a (hopefully) quick decline in prices. But the worst possible thing the government could do at this point would be to cap the price. All that would do is guarantee shortages and gas lines that would make the 70s look tame. Yet the blather continues. And for the record, if the government wants to help us out, how about copying Gov. Sonny Perdue of Georgia who rescinded the state gas tax till the end of September? Now that's something that actually helps!

And as for the suggestion that we should "do something" about the profits the oil companies are making....anybody that dumb should be kept out of polite society for their own good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home