8/17/2005

One

It's heading toward midnight, and she's as reluctant to make her appearance as a diva offered tap water before going on stage. We've been at the hospital for most of the day--although in fairness, I'm certainly not the one doing the work! Finally the time comes, and they take us into the delivery room. After what seems like an incredibly quick process--again, I wasn't the one doing the work--the doctor is handing me scissors to cut the cord, and we have our first child.

Holding that precious newborn little girl, I had no clue what was coming...the joy, the laughter, the worry, the responsibility...the incredible desire not to screw up the most important job I'd ever have...Rhonda, I hope we did it right. You've always made us proud. And you will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home