8/12/2005

Six

She's hiding behind the hedge in front of our house in Tennessee with her brother and a fairly significant pile of snowballs. She's waiting for me to come home from work so that she can pelt me. What she doesn't know is that an enemy spy has revealed her location and that I'm sneaking up behind her with an armful of ammunition. Her first warning that her dastardly plot has failed is when the first snowball lands right between her shoulders. We exhaust our munitions and then build a snowman in the front yard. We've never done it since (not that much snowfall in Arionza!), but I'll never forget that day.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Awww. This is so sweet! I hope you're sharing these memories with your daughter!

I have a soon-to-be 16 year old who just got her learner's permit. (I also have two younger ones).

I honestly don't know what I'll do when that first day of college comes...and don't even get me started on what a wreck I'll be when the last one leaves the house!

Praying that all goes well for your daughter (and that God gives you peace!)

God Bless,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home