8/05/2005

Four Weeks from Tomorrow

I'm trying to avoid thinking about the event that's coming up in two weeks, so I've decided to just skip the calendar ahead to September. And lo and behold, what do I see but the return of college football. Before I got married, I used to describe it as my second major religion. It's fallen to third place these days (most of the time at least--right honey?), but still, there's something about the approach of those Saturdays that rekindles some of my best memories.

We don't have the same kind of fall days in Arizona that I enjoyed growing up in Tennessee, but still...the sound of tens of thousands of crazed fans watching their team is a very strong memory for me. They say that in the West football is a diversion, and I think that's about right. The University of Arizona hired a new coach last year, and because people were excited, 5000 fans showed up for the spring game. These people thought that was a lot! Shoot, where I come from, more than that show up for band practice!

So I may be in the wrong region for my obessesion, but it still runs deep. And as September 3rd approaches, there's really only one thing left to say...

ROLL TIDE!

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Bronco fans abound here in Colorado with our new stadium.

When they were looking at plans to build the stadium, I was hoping that they would build a covered one, so it could be used for other venues not just 13 or 14 weekends a year.

I like the Bronco's, but do wish Denver supported the arts more than they do.

Here is a site that you may find interesting, and be able to chat with others that enjoy the same interest with Tennessee Titans:

http://www.theredzone.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.pl


Below is a link to see the barrel man Bronco fan.

http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com/gallery_photos/k0467.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home