4/02/2010

A Lesson from the Eagles

There are several pairs of nesting bald eagles within an hour of where we live. It's been a delight to watch them feed and care for their young. Now thanks to my educated daughter, we've found a place where you can actually watch several different nests around the country and see the little ones being fed.

http://www.iws.org/bald_eagles/nestcam.htm (We like the Two Harbors one the best.)

Brenda pointed out this morning that the parents (the mom and dad trade off taking care of the eaglets) move around the nest to position themselves so that they provide shade from the sun. And when she showed me that, I thought of the words of David when he was running for his life from King Saul.

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. Psalm 57:1

All of us deal with "stuff." Dr. George Truett of First Baptist Church in Dallas used to say, "Be good to everybody because everybody is having a tough time." He was right. If you're having a tough time today, go look at the eagles and remember that God will hide you in the shadow of His wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home