2/14/2010

The Better Half

Today is my 24th wedding anniversary. It snowed this morning, which reminded me a lot of the day we got married. The weather that day was so ugly that they sent the kids home from school early. Fortunately most of the people coming to the wedding from any distance were Brenda's friends and family who were coming from Minnesota. They sneered at the Tennessee "winter" and plowed on through.

The Bible says that a virtuous woman is more valuable than rubies. It's true. The Bible says that a prudent wife is an inheritance from the Lord. That's true too. And there's no doubt that I married way over my head.

Having now been married for more than half my life, I say without hestitation that this has definitely been the better half. It's been quite a ride, but she has been there every step of the way. In the song we did for our wedding (words--me, music--her) we said "I know I can take what comes, I do not have to see; I simply need the knowledge Dear, that you are there with me."

Thanks for loving me, Babe.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Rebecca Aguilar said...

Congratulations on 24 years! Happy for y'all!

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Voyle Glover said...

and we both know WHO the better "half" is, too, don't we? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home