3/11/2009

Happy Birthday Dad

I have been privileged with an incredible father, and I wanted to mark his birthday today. Faithfulness is the hallmark of his life--to God, to his family, to his country and to his employer. Many times he has not received the honor that his work deserved, but someone I have a feeling that will all be straightened out one of these days. He is a man of honor and a man of God. I am challenged every time I think about his life. And when I need someone to pray for me, he is the first one I call. Practical wisdom, incredible Bible-teaching, powerful praying, godly example: Truly I am blessed to be his son.

The best way I know to say it is this: if he had been in the church in Jerusalem when Acts 6 was written, they would either have picked eight men, or they would have left one of the other guys out.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me this is the verse that says it all about having Dad for our father: "The just man walketh in his integrity; his children are BLESSED after him."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home