The Democrats Have Lost Their Minds
The United States of America is better off when we have two serious, adult politcal parties. Right now we barely have one. In just the last seven days, here's a sampling from the Democrats:
1) Today at a 9/11 memorial, Democratic Congressman Jim Moran (VA) could not restrain his bile. From the Sun Gazette: Moran then maneuvered into more sensitive ground, suggesting that the country was not safer and intimating that the Bush administration's foreign policy was headed in the wrong directions.“More people hate us,” Moran said, a comment that drew an outburst from the crowd.“My brother died on 9/11 - don't make this political,” a woman in audience cried out.
2) Also in Virginia, Democratic Senate candidate Jim Webb has so far refused to heed Nancy Reagan's objections to his use of her husband in a campaign ad. Picking a fight with Nancy Reagan is a great way to reach out to moderates and independents. They really go for that kind of sensitivity.
3) Missouri Senate candidate Claire McCaskill said, "George Bush let people die on rooftops in New Orleans because they were poor and because they were black." No comment needed.
4) West Virginia Senator Jay Rockefeller (according to that well-known right wing news outfit CBS) "says the world would be better off today if the United States had never invaded Iraq — even if it means Saddam Hussein would still be running Iraq. He said he sees that as a better scenario, and a safer scenario, "because it is called the 'war on terror.'" Does Rockefeller stand by his view, even if it means that Saddam Hussein could still be in power if the United States didn't invade? "Yes."
5) Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (NV) and five other Dem Senators sent a letter to ABC threatening their broadcast license for airing "The Path to 9/11" miniseries, because they didn't like some of the contents. So much for freedom of speech.
I could go on...but what's the point? These elected officials and candidates are not some fringe of kooks. (Both parties have plenty of those.) These are the mainstream--the leaders of the party of FDR, Harry Truman, JFK and Scoop Jackson, who must all be turning over in their graves. I have to believe that this is going to backfire on them in a big way, and that once again the Dems will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the elections now just 8 weeks away. If the American people pay the least bit of attention, they will receive the electoral punishment their insanity so richly deserves.