10/09/2005

Rumblings for 2006

My good friend Dan Burrell is the epitome of the intelligent branch of the religious right. I've known Dan for nearly 25 years. He pastors a very large Baptist church in the South. He is the first person I ever heard say, "I'm so conservative, I only eat the right wings on the chickens at KFC!"

He is fed up with the Republican Party. His "Read My Lips" post is an absolute must-read for anyone who cares about the future of the conservative union with the Republican Party. Just to whet your appetite:

In my opinion, this nomination is the equivalent of Bush the Elder’s breaking of his “read my lips, no new taxes” fiasco. It has destroyed the credibility, the support and the enthusiasm for the administration of George W. Bush. As for today's Republican leadership, maybe it's time for them to hear us as in "Read my lips" and for the record, we mean what we say and we say what we believe.Why should we continue to pour our energy, our finances, our organizational network and any other resources into a party which can’t be trusted any longer than it takes for them to get into office?

Also be sure not to miss what happened when an RNC fundraiser called his house this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home