7/23/2009

Does Obama Know Any Real Doctors?

Yes, I know his wife "worked" at a hospital (getting her salary doubled after then Senator Obama pushed through millions in earmarks), but reading his words from tonight's press conference...I wasn't about to watch it...football season is only seven weeks away and I don't want to replace my television set...I wonder if he knows any real practicing physicians. The President said:

"Right now, doctors a lot of times are forced to make decisions based on the fee payment schedule that's out there. So if they're looking and you come in and you've got a bad sore throat or your child has a bad sore throat or has repeated sore throats, the doctor may look at the reimbursement system and say to himself, "You know what? I make a lot more money if I take this kid's tonsils out."

There may be some doctor somewhere who does that, but none of the ones I know--and we've seen way too many the past few years--are performing unnecessary work just for the sake of money. The President's health care plan is based on lies, false assumptions, misleading descriptions and unsupported wishes. I devoutly hope that it fails in Congress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home