11/22/2006

Thanksgiving Meditation

They (whoever "they" are) say that 38 million people are traveling for the holiday weekend...I care about two. The kids are coming home from college for the first time since we dropped them off back in August--which feels like years ago, even though it's only three months. I can't wait!

Every single American has enough blessings to spend the whole day giving thanks (would that we were such a nation), but I am grateful for my family. For more than twenty years, Brenda has encouraged, helped, edited, and otherwise improved both my work and my life. I could not imagine living without her...she is, to borrow a line from Ladyhawke "my last and best reason for living."

The two great kids coming home make their parents so proud. Their attitudes and actions are both exemplary, and I can't wait to see them! Hurry up American, get them here already would you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home